Crafty Ribbons blog is now on blogger! Read our past posts here or visit our ribbon website here

Friday 12 July 2013

Ribbon and Button Jewellery - Brooches



Brooches - fun and funky!

I had no idea how much fun wearing a brooch could be. 
My red button heart brooch that I made for Hello Wednesday last week has been amazing. 
People stop me in the street to ask where I got it!!!

This brooch was designed by Mollie aged 4!


Mollie picked the buttons she wanted to use, told me where to put them on the brooch pin.
She held one set of the pliers to help close the split rings, while I held the other.

Then she decided it needed a ribbon, so she went off down the aisles to pick the one she wanted!
She choose a seam binding here, I tied the bow for her.
Mummy is wearing it with pride.

I love the way she has doubled up the square button with the round flower one.

I would like to tell you which set of buttons Mollie used, BUT we keep them in tubs on a long shelf in the warehouse.
Mollie has worked out that if she pulls up a chair, she can go through all the tubs selecting her own buttons!
She has therefore used buttons from here  

If Mollie can make a brooch so can you. Here is some more inspiration.

 

I made this set while on an exhibition stand one day.  I get bored of demo-ing the same thing,
so making something from scratch is fun.


We made this flower brooch for the themed button flower week here


Make a statement with this ribbon brooch, tutorial can be found here

And do not forget my heart brooches


Find out more about them here

Laura made this rose brooch


Read how she made it here

We hope you have enjoyed our ribbon and button jewellery journey,
from rings to ear rings, necklaces to bracelets and finally brooches.
WE have!

The little ones have really enjoyed it, fancy being able to craft at their age.

Lets hope it is going to be a fantastic hot weekend - maybe you will try a little jewellery making in the sun or shade!

 
 
****************
WAREHOUSE CLOSED for stock taking 
Thursday 25th and Friday 26th JULY
NO ORDERS WILL BE DESPATCHED ON THESE TWO DAYS
****************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, we love comments.
Crafty Ribbons