Crafty Ribbons blog is now on blogger! Read our past posts here or visit our ribbon website here

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Hello wednesday - lots and lots of chocolate


Don't you just LOVE wednesday's? Say hello to wednesday "hello wednesday" It's all downhill from now on to the weekend - yippee!!!

Sydney had her 8th birthday party a week early so that Tony and I could attend (we are still away ).
As a thank you I said I would make her birthday cake.
What did she want as a cake?.............................lots and lots of chocolate was her reply.


I think this hit the spot!

I must tell you - Syds party was on the hottest Saturday so far this year, the 5th July.
It was boiling hot, we had to transport the cake to the party.
Talk about a nightmare.
I put the cake in my foot well. 
Tony had the AC up so high, I told Syd I got frost bite on my toes!


This is the easiest cake I have ever made.  Does not even matter what the sponge cake looks like!

Victoria sponge, filled with jam.
Buttercream with extra milk added to make it slightly thinner then normal.
Lightly cover sides and top of cake with buttercream.
Add 2 fingers of Kit Kat at a time to sides of cake.

Tie ribbon around the Kit Kats I used 35mm satin here
Turquoise is Sydney's favourite colour

Fill the top the cake with M&M's and Smarties

Simple!

Syd loved it and her friends thought it was wicked.
I got an order for two more cakes!


****************
WAREHOUSE CLOSED for stock taking 
Thursday 25th and Friday 26th JULY
NO ORDERS WILL BE DESPATCHED ON THESE TWO DAYS
****************

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment, we love comments.
Crafty Ribbons