Crafty Ribbons blog is now on blogger! Read our past posts here or visit our ribbon website here

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Hello wednesday - say it with a heart


Don't you just LOVE wednesday's? Say hello to wednesday "hello wednesday" It's all downhill from now on to the weekend - yippee!!!

 Need an idea for a quick fathers day prezzie?  Then this may be just the thing for you.

 

I used an old chart from our sailing days, but you could use a map.  If you have a favourite place you like to visit, or a special holiday then it would be perfect to use that map.  I drew a heart shape on to paper and then cut it out.  I laid it on top of my chart to get the position correct.  Stuck it with a few bits of tape and then cut round my heart.

The box canvas I have had for ages and came from The Works.  I used décopatch glue to stick the heart to the frame, covering it with the glue.  Once dry I used our new Navy buttons here to stick around the heart shape.

It looks brill on a brick wall - maybe in a garage, perfect for Dad.


Le Havre holds a special place for Tony and I, mainly fear of being run over and sunk by the massive channel boats. 

Quite scary but it was fun!

 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! We've got quite a lot of road maps from France - the holiday company we used to go with gave us a new set each year so they're just stockpiled! Will have to look at everything in the study with fresh and crafty eyes! :o)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, we love comments.
Crafty Ribbons