Crafty Ribbons blog is now on blogger! Read our past posts here or visit our ribbon website here

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Hello wednesday - bias love


Don't you just LOVE wednesday's? Say hello to wednesday "hello wednesday" It's all downhill from now on to the weekend - yippee!!!

Todays project may not be for you, but it made a little girl very, very happy.

Mollie asked if I could make a rain cover for her dolly's pushchair, as baby was getting wet.  Oh, Mollie I do not know how to make one.  "But Ali you can make everything" came Mollies reply with a little quivering lip.

Oh dear, so I put my thinking cap on.  It was not until I was doing a bit of sorting out at home, that I came across one of those zipped plastic bags that duvets and such come in.  It was edged in blue plastic all the way round the seams.  Perfect the plastic would be strong enough to sew.  I was really excited and showed it to Mollie.  "But Ali its blue and baby is pink" Mollie informed me. So I let her choose her bias binding here and went home to sew.


Ta da!!! One baby pushchair rain cover edged with plain bias binding. Bias binding ties allow for it to be removed when it is not raining - very practical Ali!

Mollie was over the moon and I have restored her faith in her auntie Ali.

Thanks for your wonderful orders over the weekend, you do like your buttons.  You caught us slightly, and even I have been helping pull orders this week!  Bev did inform me that I was rather slow weighing the buttons out - I was rummaging about while weighing!!

1 comment:

  1. You are clever, please come and stay at my house, I have lots of little projects that would suit you down to the ground!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, we love comments.
Crafty Ribbons